🛂 Passport & Visa


Agencies need to verify that you are who you say you are, and that you have the right to work in the UK. They will ask to see your passport and any work visas you have. You'll be asked to scan these over to the agency (remember to include all four corners), and then have the originals with you at your interview.

Key Information


Agencies will require a copy of your current passport.

EU Nationals

If you are an EU national, scan your national ID card as well as your passport.

Doctors on Visas

If you are working on a visa, you will need to provide a scan of any visa letters and the visa pages in your passport.

Doctors on Tier 2 Visas

If you are on a Tier 2 Visa, you will also need a copy of your Certificate of Sponsorship from the Trust.

If you don't have this to hand, email your contact at the Trust who handled your visa and make this request. You should include your full name, any reference numbers on your visa and your Trust ID or payroll number so they can identify you quickly. If you don't have a suitable contact, you should just contact Medical Staffing.

Concerns and Challenges

My passport has expired...

  • Send over your expired passport, and the locum agency will advise on whether this is sufficient. You should let them know this ASAP.

I don't have my passport with me...

  • You just need a scan at the beginning of the process, so if your passport is at your parents' house for example, you can ask them to send you a scan to pass over.
  • You will then need to have your passport for your interview later down the line.

Action Steps

Scan your passport and keep the original safe for the interview.
[For EU Nationals] Scan your EU ID Card and keep the original safe
[For Visa Holders] Scan any visa letters and the visa page in your passport
[For Tier 2 Visa Holders] Request a copy of your Certificate of Sponsorship from your Trust